The Regional BioCamp is a three day forum, that brings together selected top students with distinguished experts and top managers. It is a great opportunity to gain direct insight into the world of research and international business environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
Press releases about the event
The most promising talents at the eighth Regional BioCamp awarded
30. 5. 2018 | At the eighth consecutive Regional BioCamp, Novartis in Slovenia again hosted 35 most talented undergraduate and post-graduate students from natural science faculties in the region. Among them, the expert panel selected three individuals who best translated the newly acquired knowledge into practice. They are Filip Bošković from Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade; Rok Krese from Faculty of Biosciences, Heidelberg University and Emanuela Senjor from Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana. At yesterday’s award ceremony, the winning team that demonstrated the best integrated project was also selected. The members of the winning team were Julia Magdalena Böck, Filip Bošković, Vlatka Brozović, Jelena Gajić, Marina Kalić, Ivana Ruseska and Davor Škofič-Maurer.
This year’s Regional BioCamp to explore for effective anti-infective therapies
28. 5. 2018 | At this year’s eighth consecutive Regional BioCamp, organised by Novartis in Slovenia from 27 to 29 May, the selected natural science students will learn about anti-infective therapies and challenges on the journey to effective treatments, both in terms of science and research, as well as patient experience. Today, strong emphasis is placed on anti-infective therapies and particularly resistance to treatment with antibiotics, as it poses a global threat to health and development. Consequently, this calls for change in attitude, greater preventative protection against bacterial infections, raising awareness among patients and health professionals about the use of antibiotics and intensive work on new scientific evidence that could limit the resistance to antibiotics.
Sunday, May 27, 2018
- Ljubljana sightseeing and welcome dinner in Ljubljana city centre
Monday, May 28, 2018
Strategies in advanced antiinfective therapies, from science to patient
- Welcome address by Zvone Bogdanovski, President of the Lek Board of Management
- Key note presentations by:
- Mario Riesner, Site Head DS BioProduction Mengeš
- Rex Clements, Head Global Franchise Sandoz
- prof. dr. Hans Uwe Simon, dean Medical faculty, Unersity of Bern, institute of Pharmacology Director
- dr. Elisabetta Traggiai, Director, Mechanistic Immunologies
- prof. dr. Mojca Matičič, MD UKC
- Rok Starič, Novartis Tehnical Operations
- dr. Matevž Kmet, Acies Bio d.o.o.
- Case study introduction and work in break-out sessions
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
- Case study finalization in break-out sessions
- Case study team presentations
- Visit to Sandoz development center in Slovenia
Deadline for applications was February 28, 2018.
Read more about the event in the BioCamp newsletter.
Christian Haase, Germany
“Biocamp is all about meeting new people and connecting scientists.’’
Rok Krese, Slovenia
‘’My goal is to come back home from studying in Germany and work for Novartis in Slovenia.’’
Joanna Fedorowicz, Poland
“I learned a lot and met a lot of brilliant people. I will definitely recommend the event to my colleagues.”