The Regional BioCamp is a three day forum, that brings together selected top students with distinguished experts and top managers. It is a great opportunity to gain direct insight into the world of research and international business environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
Press releases about the event
At this year’s seventh Regional BioCamp, young scientists to research challenges and opportunities for immunotherapy treatment
22. 5. 2017 | At this year’s seventh consecutive Regional BioCamp, organised from May 21 to 23 by Lek, the selected life-science students will, together with lecturers and mentors, research new challenges and opportunities for immunotherapy treatment. The latter has recently become an established novel approach in cancer treatment and represents, according to some experts, the most promising advancement in the ever-lasting battle against this insidious disease.
The Regional BioCamp 2017 winners announced
24. 5. 2017 | With yesterday’s announcement of the winners, Lek successfully concluded the seventh Regional BioCamp with the title Immunotherapy – Challenges and Opportunities. Among the 35 participating young students from nine countries, the expert panel selected three individuals who best translated the newly acquired knowledge into practice. They are Filip Ilievski from from Skopje University, Macedonia, Klara Kropivšek from ETH, Switzerland and Mitja Pohlen from Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. Also announced was the winning team that demonstrated the best performance in transferring the acquired knowledge into practice. The members of the winning team were Zorana Bugarin, Simone Detassis, Carina Hasenoehrl, Jure Kocman, Katja Olenik, Maja Šemanjski in Andrej Šterman.
Sunday, May 21
- Ljubljana sightseeing and welcome dinner in Ljubljana city centre
Monday, May 22
Immunotherapy – challenges and opportunities
- Welcome address by Vojmir Urlep, MSc, President of the Lek Board of Management
- Key note presentations by:
- Nick Warwick, PhD, Sandoz
- Dominik Gaser, PhD, Biopharmaceuticals Mengeš
- Thomas Calzascia, PhD, Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research
- Prof. Simon Horvat, PhD, Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana and National Institute of Chemistry, Slovenia
- Prof. Stanislav Gobec, PhD, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana
- Prof. Tanja Čufer, MD, PhD, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana and University clinic Golnik
- Piotr Czerkies, PhD, Novartis
- Enej Kuščer, PhD, Acies Bio d.o.o.
- Case study introduction and work in break-out sessions
Tuesday, May 23
- Case study finalization in break-out sessions
- Case study team presentations
- Visit to Sandoz development centers in Slovenia
Deadline for applications was February 28, 2017.
Read more about the event in the BioCamp newsletter.