Shape the future of science, business and technology
BioCamp is traditional event that brings together top university students from science, business and technical sciences with distinguished experts and top managers. It is a great opportunity to gain direct insight into the world of research and international business environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
Attending BioCamp 2021 event develops you into young professional and the leader of the future:
- gain insight into the professional and business environment of the global pharmaceutical industry,
- connect science, business and technology for the benefit of the patient,
- interact with key experts and leading managers,
- have an opportunity to network for 5 days with top selected students from other countries,
- discover and design innovative business solutions for actual challenges in pharmaceutical industry as a team,
- get to know the company and explore career opportunities.
Here you can view preliminary BioCamp 2021 program.
WHO MAY APPLY?
We invite university students in natural, economic and technical sciences, from last year pre-graduate studies, masters, doctoral and post-doctoral studies, to apply for the BioCamp 2021. The event will be held in English and English fluency is required.
A total of 42 selected students will be chosen based on their academic excellence, professional experience and extra-curricular activities.
Applications were closed on June 15, 2021.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Selected students will be informed via e-mail in July 2021.
For more information please contact us at: email@example.com
Christian Haase, Germany
“Biocamp is all about meeting new people and connecting scientists.’’
Rok Krese, Slovenia
‘’My goal is to come back home from studying in Germany and work for Novartis in Slovenia.’’
Joanna Fedorowicz, Poland
“I learned a lot and met a lot of brilliant people. I will definitely recommend the event to my colleagues.”
From BioCamp to Novartis
Past participants now working in Lek/Novartis tell their stories ...
Recombinant proteins fascinated me already during my studies and I applied for the Regional BioCamp to broaden my horizon. The event was relatively new at the time and we were obviously overly distracted with the task of completing our university degree dissertations to realise that this could also be a great job opportunity. Perhaps this is why our completely relaxed team, without any preparation, but with a great level of improvisation and enthusiasm however, managed to prove itself with a most convincing business plan.
A few days later, two other participants and I were invited to Lek. This was not a job interview but an invitation for coffee where they presented us with an idea of what their individual teams do and asked us where we saw ourselves best as their potential colleagues. The approach was very pleasant and friendly and even today, now that I have been working at Biopharmaceuticals for six years and already with my third team of associates, the atmosphere still remains the same.
Meti Buh Gašparič, PhD
I recommend the Regional BioCamp to students so that they can obtain as much information as possible before they begin their career. It is good to know how the academic world connects with what is happening in industry. In particular, I recommend being curious and open minded. Now I work in Mengeš, which is ‘a world within a world’, it offers excellent insight into the operation of a large and diversified international cooperation.
Team leader, Pilot Bioprocess development
The BioCamp experience near the end of my studies uniquely contributed to my personal growth, both as a future scientist and professional. I became familiar with the dynamic and globalized business environment of the pharmaceutical and biotech industry and was able to network with key experts from industry and academia. Immediately after the BioCamp, I was granted a possibility for a scientific exchange at the Sandoz Development Center in Ljubljana, where I am currently beginning my career as Scientist, Pharmaceutical Development.
I therefore recommend this event to everyone who is interested in getting to know the industry and being exposed to unique career opportunities
Scientist PD, Group PT 2
19. 10. 2020 | At the 10th BioCamp, Novartis in Slovenia brings together top students, academic institutions and business
22. 5. 2019 | The best students at the ninth Regional BioCamp awarded
20. 5. 2019 | Neuroscience and digital therapeutics – 9th Regional BioCamp takes on the challenges and opportunities in diagnostics and treatment
30. 5. 2018 | The most promising talents at the eighth Regional BioCamp awarded
28. 5. 2018 | This year’s Regional BioCamp to explore for effective anti-infective therapies
24. 5. 2017 | The Regional BioCamp 2017 winners announced
22. 5. 2017 | At this year’s seventh Regional BioCamp, young scientists to research challenges and opportunities for immunotherapy treatment
25. 5. 2016 | Winners of the Regional BioCamp 2016
23. 5. 2016 | Regional BioCamp 2016 – Young Scientists on Advanced Medication of Respiratory Diseases
20. 5. 2015 | The winners of the Regional BioCamp 2015
15. 5. 2015 | Treatment of autoimmune diseases is the theme of the already fifth Regional BioCamp